The mission of the Arizona Pediatric Disaster Council (APDC) is to identify pediatric gaps in disaster management, help healthcare facilities prepare to respond effectively in times of disaster, and minimize recovery efforts through prior planning.
The vision of the APDC is to provide technical expertise on emergency preparedness and recovery.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends improvements to plans, policies, and procedures impacting pediatric preparedness;
- Identifies and addresses gaps in the continuum of care for children in disasters;
- Produces documents and templates, integrating findings from federal pediatric groups and subject matter experts providing guidance pertaining to the unique characteristics of children in disasters;
- Works in conjunction with partners to monitor and assess the progress of community resilience indicators pertaining to children, including hospital and healthcare preparedness; and
- Provides direction and support to regional Health Care Coalitions on issues pertaining to children in disasters.